Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Spirit

I feel much better about Christmas after shopping on Friday night and Saturday.  I have a few things ordered, and a few things left to get, but it is all pretty minor.  So I decided to delight my readership with pictures of Christmas lights.  I think I need a high dollar camera for good effects, but here it is anyway.

Our house

 
Our neighbors  - isn't this welcoming!
 
Some more neighbors - these light are really red and really straight.

Our tree with gifts underneath.  Abby and I put it up Thanksgiving weekend.  We bought a pre-lit one a couple of years ago and it is quite a bit easier to put up.  The branches are hinged, so it comes in three pieces.  Our old one was Mae's (mother-in-law's) and it was a nice looking tree but each branch had to be placed in the base after being fluffed and after losing a million needles.

Enjoy the season.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, you're Christmas gift shopping??? What happened to the money gifts???
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I am really going to do it some year, but this year was rather easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's good. And I'm sure your kids will be thrilled.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already excited!
    Blake

    ReplyDelete