Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Thoughts

Trying this from a friend's blog from some lady we don't know, but it is kind of fun.





1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?

Well, I have this thing about my lips.  Mrs. Dillinger, my sister's vocal teacher, said that we had such lovely fat lips instead of thin ones like her.  I was about 13 and didn't really think fat lips were in.   I have had to work at getting over this and don't wear lipstick because it would accentuate them.

2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?

Got to love Carol Brady who had no job but had a full time housekeeper.

3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?

No, and I guess I could stand to learn Spanish but I don't think my talents lie in foreign languages.

4. Who is your personal hero?

My parents and grandparents

5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?

I could eat a million frosted sugar cookies.  The frosting should be almond flavored.

6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.

I have a bunch of special ornaments.  I buy one when we travel to remember that vacation, and have been given some throughout the years.  I have the KSU ones of the buildings and enjoy putting them up.  One that has sentimental value is a sleigh that I made the year we got married.  We had no ornaments, so I made some and this one was needlepoint.  I put candy in it (every year, Abby) because it helps it to hang nice as well as it is cute and fun. 

7. How do you feel about snow?

Beautiful while it is falling, and when we get a snow day.   Not too fond of dirty or yellow snow.


8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.

We are usually at 7 to 8 hours.  However, that doesn't mean that I don't wake up during the night and check the clock.  That irks me about getting older.  Where was that when I needed to get us with babies?


9. Tell me about your first crush.

Oh, this is easy.  Bobby K. and I were a thing in grade school.  We sat together at ballgames in 5th-7th grades.  He is still a nice guy, although if you see him I think he goes by Bob now

10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?

I wouldn't write much because I hate writing with scratchy chalk.  Now if I had a marker board, I could draw pictures or make lists.

 
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?

Forecast - I think about what it is going to be like after school.

12. Favorite Christmas movie is?

Not really a movie, but I like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer brought to you by Noelco (love the Santa on the razor).   I can tell you a bad one though that we watched last year.  Snowglobe.  It was about people who were living in a snowglobe, so that about says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment