Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random Dozen



1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
I think I am pretty good about not being an impulse shopper, etc.  Doesn't mean that I don't think about whatever it is that I want.

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Sonic drinks during Happy Hour.  I love Diet Strawberry Limeades even more at 1/2 price.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
About a 7.  Because we lived out of town, I have waited patiently for kids to get home, or back to school after a game, or done with some kind of practice or lessons. 
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
I am disappointed when I plant, fertilize, and water tomato plants and then some wilt or other disease comes along and I don't get to enjoy eating them.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
No, but sometimes I hurry and then make a mess of things.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
WalMart or a similar store when they have a jillion unmanned check-outs and people waiting in line. 
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
This question was designed to show your age.  I didn't have a sonogram with my older two.  I did with Abby and asked because I had one of each and didn't really care.  The pictures were so bad then that the lady said that if she had to guess it was a girl but she wasn't for sure.  Needless to say, I didn't go out and buy a bunch of pink stuff.  We didn't ever really do a nursery anyway.  The babies slept in the hall outside our room.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
This all depends on if either group is acting badly or just being themselves.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
I don't remember doing this. 
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
We waited a long time to own a home.  The house on the farm went with renting the land and wasn't for sale. 
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
I think I do, but he may say differently.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)

A) Anticipation by Carly Simon

B) The Waiting by Tom Petty

C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx

D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James

C) Right Here Waiting for You.  Kyle travels with his job some and I am home teaching school, feeding the dog, and picking up the mail.  I don't mind during the week.   He isn't often gone on the weekends, but those can get long.  Or as mentioned in question 3 waiting for kids.

1 comment:

  1. I love that song, too! Isn't it true that when you hurry--it ends up a disaster! Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete