Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Randomness

1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?


I would like to think I am not a complainer.  Definitely no hissy fits.  So I give myself a 2.  There are times when I get on my soapbox.

2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?

Unfortunately, I too often am thinking about what I am going to say next.  This is something I could work on.

3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?

I am a no-clutter person - almost to a fault.  It is amazing how fast the email messages can stack up at school.  If I would just clean them up every Friday, it would help.

And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!



4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?

No fragrance usually.  Too much on someone else makes me feel sick to the stomach.  Whoops- is that a compliant?  Do I need to be a 3 on question 1?
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?

It certainly is a lot easier to be organized without kids in the house.   I am continuing to work on my closet discarding things I haven't worn in a long time.  The UMW rummage sale is in April, so I just put them away for that.  Only once have I gone up and dug something back out.
6. What is your favorite comic strip?

Zits - just too true of my clientele.

7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?

We have these pillows from the chiropractor's office that are really wierd shaped, and we need new ones but they are kind of expensive, so in response to the question, they are kind of shaped and hard on the edges with an indentation for your head in the middle.

8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?

Blue and beige.  Right now we have this blue kitchen carpet that we are replacing with wood laminate whenever Phil gets time.  I thought I wouldn't like the carpet that was here when we moved in, but I really do.  It just isn't very up-to-date.  I am planning rugs and runners to break up the wood.  I may change colors soon is the short answer to this long story.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?

Pass??  I don't pay much attention.  The "My Kids are Honor Students" always amuses me.  At least in our school, about 2/3 of the kids seem to be on some kind of honor roll. 

10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
Papermate - sometimes I find my best pencils on the floor in my room at school.
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?

I really like to mow.  There is a feeling of accomplishment and for 45 minutes I am outside riding along with the breeze in my hair.  I also like looking at it when I am done. 

12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?

One thing I remember is that we were to support our siblings at school even if we fought like cats and dogs at home.  I have a sister a year older, a sister three years younger, and a brother eight years younger and in a 1A school (K-12 in one building ) we certainly knew everyone and their business.  It was good advice and I tried to pass it on to my kids too.

1 comment: