1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
Physically speaking only, I would say about 25. No effort to maintain anything; weight, hair, complexion. Now if you asked mentally, I would answer differently.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
This depends upon who you ask. The kids all have their favorites, and I don't have anything in particular that I always take places. One meal they all like is chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes and corn. Can you say carbohydrates?
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
Going for a walk is good. I am usually pretty level - no big mood swings one way or the other.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Probably my niece's wedding last summer. It was a lovely affair.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
Definitely and probably to a fautlt a realist.
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
The kids either did well or are presently doing well in college. We prepared them by talking about our experiences and encouraging living groups that keep you connected and accountable. They have done great at managing themselves.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Otis just makes me laugh, but I also like Opie.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I would say about a 2 although I like him better this year because we got a day off of school, not just a workday.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Easy - Texting, checking email, always on the phone when driving.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Yellow like the sun. You can always hope to see it.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
He is like an energetic dog who has bones hidden all around the yard. So much to do, so little time.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
School, sleeping, internet.