Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Randomness



1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?


No I haven't been afraid, mainly because Dawn and I with a van full of softball girls got lost in East St. Louis on Sunday morning instead of Saturday night.  We finally made it back to the west side.

2. Have you ever been to an island?

I have been to Manhattan island, and Alcatraz.  I haven't been to a tropical island, but it is on my list.  Alcatraz was a very interesting self-directed tour with headphones that told the story of the prison from the prisoner's and jailer's points of view.

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?

Definitely a thinker - overanalyzer.

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?

I am a gray thinker.  There is very little in this world that is only black and white.    But it is easier to follow black and white thinking, so that is why cults and fundamentalists have their followings. (Not that they are the same group of people.) 

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)

A dictionary.  I don't think there is another book I wouldn't get tired of.  I could write my own book in the sand.  Make my own paper out of papyrus leaves, boil up some ink.

6. What are you most afraid of?

I am not real comfortable with change.  Don't know if that means I am afraid and change encompasses so many things.

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

Stupid question.

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?

My husband, my kids and their spouses, my parents and siblings.  Those are the important things in this world. 

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)

We had a normal, United Methodist church wedding, then went to the Elks for an after reception.  My kids make fun of my 1980 wedding dress because I was covered from my neck to the tips of my fingers and toes.  I would do that differently.  I also wouldn't put the men in burgandy tuxes, but again, it was the thing to do in 1980.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.

Forgiveness is not forgetting.

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?

Read the magazines, watch the other people.  Of course when you are in a town the size of ours, you know the other people, so I might visit.

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?

Same - Blond, blue eyes
Different - long beautiful legs

1 comment:

  1. Burgandy tuxes!! You had to love the 80's!! A teacher looked out at his class one day and told them, "You know, someday you are going to wake up and realize you have a whole closet full of really ugly clothes!"

    Oooh and I love the idea of a dictionary. I couldn't think of only one book. I'd get bored!

    ReplyDelete