Wednesday, April 14, 2010



1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?


I don't really care for them.  They look like you should be in the movie "Ben Hur" and I don't think they are flattering.  I don't know where I would ever wear them, but maybe they would work for a person who sat behind their desk all day.


2. What is your favorite pizza?

Supreme - no jalapenos.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?

[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]

The bracelet Marsha wore in the battle with the boys building  the house of cards in Brady Bunch.
The girls won and they were going to buy a sewing machine, then ended up buying a color TV for the whole family.

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.

Tasty Pastry - a real bakery with delicious rolls, doughnuts, etc.  Their signature pastry is the nut roll.  Located in downtown Clay Center.

5. What is your current favorite snack?

Strawberries or chocolate, my go-to snack.

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")



A. Dancing with the Stars

B. Biggest Loser

C. Survivor

This is really hard.  My dancing skills are pretty bad, but maybe I could be as good as Kate Gosselin.  I debated about Biggest Loser because I think I could do the workouts, then Kyle said when they yelled at me like in tug-of-war I would just drop the rope and walk away, which is true.  And I don't think I could win at the weight loss contest either.  The people the show is getting for contestants now are really big and lose my body weight in 13 weeks.  Survivor is probably a no to. Mrs. E. on Easy Street blog put in Amazing Race and that would be my choice too because I really like the show, but I don't know who I would go with.  When my family is choosing up partners, I am always the one left out.  I don't understand it.  Who wouldn't want a 50ish woman who hates heights with them?  So my final answer is Amazing Race and I will be the one who applies to be on it so my family member can't vote me off the island.

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

8 or 9

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

I paint my toenails and wear sandals.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

I can't remember what that would be this morning.  I will try to think today.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.

About done - will get my masters in education at the end of the spring semester.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

"I didn't do anything."  Isn't that inspiring????  Just talked to a girl yesterday about her behavior in another class with a sub because the regular teacher is on maternity leave.  I said to her, "Now why did I think that was going to be your response?"  What started out as a quiet talk immediately turns loud with this girl.  How can we teach kids to accept what you say to try to help them?  She isn't going to be happy when she misses track practice with a detention.

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

Fix their favorite meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment