Thursday, April 22, 2010

Randomness



1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"


I have been trying to do better since our library went on a computerized system about six months ago.   Before that, they used cards and hand wrote your number on it, and then the nice library ladies would just renew for those numbers they knew.  Now they say they are going to be imposing the fines. Probably all of $.10 a day, I don't know.  I miss the cards with my number because I could pull the card and see if I had already read the book.   That is purely reading for enjoyment when you don't remember whether you read the book later on.

2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?

I have a little bit of stuff accumulated in one spot.  Bags are so in now, and they are easy but not the same as unwrapping gifts.

3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?

Been in - I guess no, but when I was growing up in Pratt County I saw three tornadoes and have seen none in the last 30 years in Clay County.  We had a bad freeze in May one year when all the row crops were already up.  That is a farmer's natural disaster.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?

Barry - I liked several of his song but I chose Ready to Take a Chance Again


5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?

Undercover cops for a FH party.  I wasn't ever much for dressing up, so this fit me great.

6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?

Definitely the thesaurus.  I use the tool on Word all the time.

7. What's your favorite breakfast food?

I always eat the same thing for breakfast.  Cereal, OJ, milk, coffee.  Most important - coffee.  If I don't eat something in the mornings, I am apt to get sick in about an hour.  I have learned to manage late breakfast dates.

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?

I don't think so.  

9. Have you ever crawled through a window?

No.  We have a story at school about a girl who tried to crawl out the window of the special ed room.  Still makes me laugh.

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?

I am not saying it can't happen, but lust at first sight is probably  more common.

11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?

Three pair.   I like them all which doesn't happen all the time with jeans.


12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")

A pile of books with a computer and an apple.  It would be my childhood favorite, chocolate cake with fudge frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment