Thursday, May 6, 2010

Random Dozen



1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?


I used to be a terrible procrastinator, but not so much any more.  I need to clean Abby's bathroom, but every time I go downstairs, the piano calls out to me and I end up playing a few tunes.

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
I go to sleep within 10 minutes but I always set the timer on the TV to 90 minutes.  I know, that doesn't make sense.  I also refuse to have anything on TV with gun shots, yelling, or car races when I am trying to go to sleep.  Lately, The Nanny has been doing the trick.


3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

Favorite styles, hmmm, not really a fashion guru.  I think it would be the 70s.  I can remember my mom always wearing a dress and hose to go to town in the 60s but all that changed in the 70s.  She started to wear her hair long, parted down the middle and wore jeans and tie-dyed shirts while sporting a necklace that said "Make Love, Not War".  (That is a lie, but I had you going didn't I?) 

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

Hamburgers on the grill, baked beans, potato salad, chips.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

I am not an impulse shopper.  If it is a major decision, I take too much time deciding.  So I will go with strawberries.  I went to Rays last night to buy the ingredients for the bean salsa posted yesterday, and walked out with strawberries, but no tortilla chips, so I go back in through the video door and buy chips at that register so my former students won't see that I am losing my mind.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

Uplifting music.  I would like the song selection to not include Rock of Ages, In The Garden, or Amazing Grace.  Maybe a little How Great Thou Art - all verses - for the number of times we sang that at the little Byers church while we were waiting on the minister to get there from Iuka.  He had a three church charge. 

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Today joy is over half the 7th and 8th graders leaving for a track meet in at 10:45.  It also looks like my girls and I going to That's Entertainment tonight, the annual vocal music production at the high school.


8. What is your favorite type of bread?

I love bread.  My favorite is soft, white bread - the kind that isn't as good for you.

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Being inflexible.

10. What trait would you like most to develop?

Patience

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

That is a strange questions and would have to be my whole house since as the girls point out I only have two paint colors which isn't true because I have four, and I think that makes for a delightful flow from one room to another.  That doesn't count Abby's orange room.  My colors are Paige and Tam burgandy, Trusty - kind of a tan color, ostrich egg, and a pale yellow.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

You just do what you have to do.  When something ends, there are other ways you can spend your time.  Now that my classes are over, there will be something else come up, there always is.  But I also say No to some things if I don't think I could do the job justice or if I have no interest in being on that committee, etc.

1 comment:

  1. When I started reading the description of mom in the '70s, I thought, "Is my memory really that bad?!" And I've always told Randy if he chooses "How Great Thou Art" at my funeral, I will come back and haunt him. So, you have now been warned, too!

    ReplyDelete