Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Dozen



1.  How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?


I would say about six years old.  I have a pair of Reebok flip flops I bought I don't really remember when that I haven't been able to give up.  They don't make it out it public anymore, but a couple of years after I bought the original pair, I bought some just like them, so I wear them out and about.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

We had plenty.  I bought two boxes at school, thin mints and lemon whatevers.   Then I had a former student show up at my door and I thought anyone who is working the streets, so to speak, needs rewarded, so I bought two more boxes, and then another GS showed up at our door, talked to Kyle and he bought two more boxes.  Next year I am sending them to my friend Jackie who bought some out of the back of a minivan at the KSU/OU game at OU because no one had visitied her.  It's just a hazard of my profession.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

No, I don't know how and it might be kind of fun.  My daughter-in-law is going to dance in "Dancing With the Stars" at KSU later this month so she might be our fine dancing representative.  Go Tamara!
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager.

Very responsible and you can even ask my parents.  Model child.  Middle child.  Actually we were all responsible.  That's just the way you were supposed to be.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

I have seen Up, Blind Side, and Julie and Julia. This year there seems to be more that I would still like to see.

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

Neither one really bothers me. I always watch when they stick my arm at the Bloodmobile.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Saturday.  Long breakfast, running errands, ballgames.  Maybe even out with friends.
8. Do you miss anyone right now?

Kyle was gone last night visiting sale barns in western Kansas.  I miss that he usually takes care of the dog and I will have to do it today
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

No

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

Max out??  Last time I checked I had a $12,500 limit just on one card. 

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

I always buy Tide and Downy.  When the kids were home, I couldn't get by with off brand cereals, but I eat them.  I still have Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch for when they are home.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

Weird question.  I guess Door number 1, Monte Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment