Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Randomness



1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?

No bows and arrows, but I have fired a gun.  Not really something I care to do nor do I like to eat wild game.  We have a tradition of eating what you shoot in our family, thus the time we had rabbit when Blake decided he would just shoot a rabbit for sport.


2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?

Yes, I know where they are but we aren't often in contact with each other.  We have all moved away from our home county so don't run into each other like some might if they don't move away.

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?

I am usually on time.  I had a harder time getting to school on time when I had kids at home.  Now I am rarely late.

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?

That is a hard one.  I like southern California's beaches and warmth and I also like the San Francisco area and north of that with the rugged shoreline.  But one of our best trips was to New York City at Thanksgiving even though it was freezing cold.  I am accused of wearing black and neutrals too often by my fashion police, so that would be more of a New York characteristic.

5. Do you have a special ring tone?

I assign ring tones to the people in my family so I know who is calling and then can decide whether or not to answer :)  That isn't true - I answer them.  I had to reassign tones when I got my new phone, but I certainly wouldn't say mine is special like a theme song.  If I did, maybe something from the Carpenters (still on that kick).

6. What is your favorite type of chip?

Computer chip.  I know she meant like potato chip, but I don't really care that much about eating chips.

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....

I guess this means a movie, but I am thinking about seeing Jeff Foxworthy in Salina many years ago and laughing until I cried.

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"

I get all jackie-wild and cut my bangs if they get too long and in my way.  I always confess when I go in for a hair cut because it isn't like she isn't going to notice or start to wonder if she cut my hair drunk the last time.

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?

We are putting a new floor in the kitchen right now and other than a couple of little things there isn't much I want to do there which leaves a personal makeover.  I wonder what the "What Not To Wear" people would say about my wardrobe.  Too much orange and black???

10. Are you allergic to anything?

No.

11. Why is it so hard to change?

Because I am not much of a risk taker and perhaps a little stubborn. 

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.

The hard part is hurting when the ones you love hurt.
 

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with that last one!
    Love the Carpenters, too--and I cut my bangs almost every month, and I'm getting pretty darn good at it!

    ReplyDelete