1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Sure do. I figure they already have my name on them, I didn't ask for them, and I am cheap. I haven't purchased labels for years.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
When we lived on the farm, it was easier to see all the stars and the Milky Way on a clear night. For about two months I tried walking at 6am. The sky was the most beautiful part. Then I realized how much I enjoyed my morning coffee.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I wouldn't be so adventurous, but recently because of my husband we have had goat and wild boar at our house. If you are a guest at our house, don't ask.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
This reminds me of the times when someone young says something and I have no idea what they are talking about and I feel like a middle aged woman. Oh wait, I may be middle aged at 51, but maybe not.
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
Spanish is the obvious choice. Sometimes when we travel I wish I spoke Chinese or Japanese because the tourists from those countries make my family laugh.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
"I told you I was sick."
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
My grandpa used to call me Lisensee. I'll go with that. Chances of this happening are slim to none.
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
I loved the Brady Bunch when I was growing up. They were so cool. They could ride their bikes to school and Marsha and Jan had the coolest clothes and hair. Groovy.
Right now I like to watch Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy, but probably my favorite is Amazing Race.
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
I try to be rather delicate without holding back too much because it always feels so good.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
We get a morning and evening paper, and I read one or two on the internet each day.
11. Are you a good speller?
Yes, I tell the kids it comes with being a reader.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?
Lost - never.
Lunch - I fix my little bag each morning. Then depending upon what the school is serving, I start smelling it at 10 am. My room is close to the cafeteria, and I have yet to figure out why the high school brings the food over at 10 am when the first group to eat is at 11:24. (Note the exact time. That is how we operate.)