1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
Curling - If a pregnant woman can do it, surely I at least have a chance. Most other sports involve running which I have been banned doing by my children, and when I watch other, lets say older women running, I would have to agree with them.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
When I was 9 years old, Peggy Fleming won the only gold medal at the 1968 Winter Olympics. I can remember watching her on TV and thinking how I could have been an ice skater but we lived 1 1/2 hours from the nearest indoor rink and there were no ponds around for us to skate in the winter. I later found out I was a terrible ice skater.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
I don't really know Ken Swenson, but I know his parents, Lloyd and Connie, from Clay Center. He ran in the 1972 Olympics.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
I am pretty organized, so I could win a medal for keeping my house picked up.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Yes, I know we have been in the USA for many years. I can go far enough back and get some English/Scottish connections. Kyle however, is totally German on one side (I know you are trying to guess which one, but that would be the BAUER side which means farmer in German), and French on his Mom's side via Canada. So our kids have one side that isn't too cloudy.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
No, I think 7:30 is sleeping in. I like to read the paper and drink coffee for a while, though. I started getting up early when the kids were little. It was my time to myself to read.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No, and no.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
I would like to go to Europe, but I don't really have one country specifically targeted. England, France, maybe Austria so I could sing on a mountaintop like Julie Andrews in Sound of Music.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
No, but I have a friend who has and now the couple is engaged and she is as pleased as punch with herself and is thinking about her next Cupid conquest.
10. What is the last book you read?
The one I am reading right now is Our Boys, A Perfect Season by Joe Drape. It is about Roger Barta and a year of coaching Smith Center football. The author moved from NYC to live in Smith Center for a year with his family. Now that would be a change!! I would recommmend the book.
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
Did you watch any of the Westminster Dog Show?
Sadie - Best in Show
I watched a little bit of it. I don't know how they can judge the different breeds against each other, but maybe it is like a steer show at the county fair. You just have to understand what the industry is wanting at the time and have a little luck with the judge.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
I am stumped. I am happy as long as someone else chooses the restaurant, then once I am there, it is never predictable what I will order. Kyle and I might even split a meal anymore.