Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Dozen



1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?


Taco salad.  I especially like the ones made in the food booth at the Clay County Fair.

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?

My middle name was procrastinate until I got to be older, way older.  It was more of a problem with projects or papers than actual book studying.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?

Where does this lady live who writes these questions?   In Clay Center we have one choice, Orr's Furniture City, and they are going out of business for the umpteeth time.  But I would have to say I have bought more there than anywhere else. 

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?

I never really thought about liking them or not.  Taking a lunch didn't seem to be an option and I don't remember anyone in my class bringing their lunch.  The meal I liked least was pinwheels which were meat rolled up in bread like a cinnamon roll.  I don't know why I didn't like them.  We did have more homemade items and variety than I see at school now. 

5. Is religion a crutch?

I liked Mrs.'s E's answer from Easy Street.  I don't like it when people don't think for themselves and use religion to hide behind.  But I have also seen people who have no belief, and I feel sorry for them.  A lady on my blog list has suddenly become aethist and she sure doesn't seem very happy to me.  (By the way, she doesn't know me so don't be worried she is reading my blog.)

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?

Wrestling is big in Clay Center.  For girls, the softball program has been very successful and is well known throughout the state. 

7. Do you consider yourself rich?

According to whose standard?  I have everything I need and great family and friends.  I am rich.

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:

A) CPR

B) Heimlich Maneuver

C) Changing a flat tire

I am going to chose B but I think I could also do C.  I  may have to do the Heimlich on a kid trying to sneak gum at the middle school someday.  As far as CPR, I feel more confident since they took away the part where you breathe into someone else's mouth.  All you have to do is pump on their chest, but I am afraid I would get tired, then they would die, and I would feel bad.


9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:

A) Salsa

B) Hip Hop

C) Waltz

D) Swing

D - I am not much of a dancer at any rate. 

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?

I had to tell Kyle his dad died.  It was expected and an end to his suffering, but still hard.  He had gone to Oklahoma to get some cattle that day because his dad had wanted him to, and he really had already figured it out by the light being on over at his mom's.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.

It is really humid in eastern Kansas as opposed to western Kansas.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?

I can't just manufacture a song in my head, and it never is the same song.  I find myself with church hymns or praise songs in my head more often than other songs.

3 comments:

  1. Always glad to see any update from Bauer Banter on my "Blogs I Follow" list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm disappointed that Braden hasn't gotten more press time, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE WANT MORE BRADEN PICTURES!!!!!!!!
    And this morning I forgot to yell COOKIE!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete