What a day for numerologists. 10/10/10. To commemorate, I am going to give you 10 random things for the 10th.
1. Today was the first day I have been on a horse in about 40 years. I am still walking, which is good, but I am pretty sure the horse was the boss, not me. This horse is not neck reined and I have never ridden one that isn't. This is in anticipation of a trail ride in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure how I practice sitting in the saddle so I can make it more than an hour.
2. Silly Bandz - those rubber band type bracelets are all the rage. I was given one by a sixth grader and my kids are jealous. They are also an occasional play thing in the classroom which is a negative.
3. Omelets in a bag - my 7th graders are making these tomorrow. They are so easy and so good. Just put two eggs and whatever else you like in an omelet in a freezer quart Ziploc bag, mix it up, and boil in water for 13 minutes.
4. My home laptop screen cracked on Saturday. I did nothing to it - just opened the lid and it was cracked. I found my receipt and it hasn't been a years, so I am hoping to get it fixed for free.
5. I love Autumn Mix candy corn.
6. Amazing Race - I picked the pair that got out in the first round. How can I do so poorly? Now I have the two singing guys.
7. The leaves have turned just in the past few days. Hope it is a year for pretty colors.
8. I don't have a new TV show I really like yet, but I still am enjoying Modern Family and The Middle new last season. I also usually watch Parenthood on hulu.com because something else comes on at the same time that we both like.
9. The middle school volleyball season is over. Seems impossible since it just seems like we started school. Football and cross country finish up this week.
10. My FCCLA group is having a dance on Nov. 19. Abby and her friends are planning to help sponsor. They are excited, but I am not sure they remember jr. high dances.
Told you it was random.