Wow, Another 10th is here. So here we go.
1. We are on our way to KC this afternoon to go to the Chiefs game tomorrow. Seemed like a good idea when the forecast was for 50s and sunny last weekend. Guess I'll take everything I own to wear. It will be a good time regardless, and my first Chiefs game.
2. We will find somewhere to watch the KSU/Texas Tech game at 6pm on Fox Sports. Good thing we are with K-State fans, Mike and Jackie. You can count on them to really watch the game. That is always a problem when watching games with other couples - someone wants to chat about other things all through the game.
3. Finished my birthday celebrations last night going to the Country Club with the Hafner's. I had the quesadilla appetizers and the plate was huge! I brought 3/4 of them home, so that is lunch today.
4. It is 31.5 degrees today at 7:10 am. I am glad that I brought my outdoor plants in or just dumped them a week ago.
5. I am reading Steve Doocey's book, Tales from the Dad Side. Steve is an anchor for Fox Morning News and a Clay Center graduate - one year ahead of Kyle. There are references to CCCHS that are fun to read.
6. I thought Shelly from the library said Tales from the Dead Side when she left a message on the machine, so when I went to the library I told the ladies at the desk that I thought Shelly had the wrong phone number. It has been awhile since I requested the book.
7. I have discovered that I need some new winter coats. Nothing like a good cold snap! I cleaned out my closet exchanging summer for winter clothes a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to throw away or give away things that I don't wear or don't fit.
8. Next week is Spirit Week at school. My least favorite week of the year. Put a hat on a kid's head and they act all goofy.
9. Due to several factors, I ended up as the 8th grade B team volleyball coach on Thursday. We went 1-1 and they played pretty well considering I had to send a girl out to find a teammate and she was on her cell phone and one girl didn't play because she had just had her nose pierced. That could have been a factor in the win.
10. Maybe I should get the Nobel Peace prize for dragging three kids to the office for fighting in the hall. Seems like qualifications have been relaxed.