Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 Things on the 10th

Wow, Another 10th is here. So here we go.

1. We are on our way to KC this afternoon to go to the Chiefs game tomorrow. Seemed like a good idea when the forecast was for 50s and sunny last weekend. Guess I'll take everything I own to wear. It will be a good time regardless, and my first Chiefs game.

2. We will find somewhere to watch the KSU/Texas Tech game at 6pm on Fox Sports. Good thing we are with K-State fans, Mike and Jackie. You can count on them to really watch the game. That is always a problem when watching games with other couples - someone wants to chat about other things all through the game.

3. Finished my birthday celebrations last night going to the Country Club with the Hafner's. I had the quesadilla appetizers and the plate was huge! I brought 3/4 of them home, so that is lunch today.

4. It is 31.5 degrees today at 7:10 am. I am glad that I brought my outdoor plants in or just dumped them a week ago.

5. I am reading Steve Doocey's book, Tales from the Dad Side. Steve is an anchor for Fox Morning News and a Clay Center graduate - one year ahead of Kyle. There are references to CCCHS that are fun to read.

6. I thought Shelly from the library said Tales from the Dead Side when she left a message on the machine, so when I went to the library I told the ladies at the desk that I thought Shelly had the wrong phone number. It has been awhile since I requested the book.

7. I have discovered that I need some new winter coats. Nothing like a good cold snap! I cleaned out my closet exchanging summer for winter clothes a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to throw away or give away things that I don't wear or don't fit.

8. Next week is Spirit Week at school. My least favorite week of the year. Put a hat on a kid's head and they act all goofy.

9. Due to several factors, I ended up as the 8th grade B team volleyball coach on Thursday. We went 1-1 and they played pretty well considering I had to send a girl out to find a teammate and she was on her cell phone and one girl didn't play because she had just had her nose pierced. That could have been a factor in the win.

10. Maybe I should get the Nobel Peace prize for dragging three kids to the office for fighting in the hall. Seems like qualifications have been relaxed.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment