Thursday, September 10, 2009

10 Things on the 10th

1. Loving the weather. I can't remember when it has been so cool for so long in August and September.
2. First home volleyball tonight, so will be keeping the book for the 7th grade. They were absolutely giddy all last Thursday for their first VB/FB games, hopefully they will relax today- but the good news is I have a meeting this morning and it will be the substitute's problem.
3. My new favorite cracker is Flipsides pretzel crackers. Salty and crispy.
4. We are off to Champaign, IL for a wedding this weekend. I know it will be fun, but a lot of driving - 8 hours each way.
5. Home Tiger game tomorrow night. I'm on 8th grade team this year and the class cleans the stadium to make money for their year-end World's of Fun trip. All of a sudden I'm loving 7th grade team more!
6. Kyle mowed last night while I was at class. Yippee!
7. Had a missing girl yesterday - sent the para to find her. She was in someone else's class. Wonder if I would notice if I had an extra kid.
8. I am loving this teacher for the master's class. She gives us time to work in class without a bunch of extra busywork.
9. I think I want one of those little notebooks that you can get on the Internet with. I love my school laptop at home since we have a router. Looked a little bit on Saturday. I don't think I need (want, not really a need) any Office software - just the ability to get on line. Our desktop computer seems increasingly slower. It was new in 2003, so is a dinosaur. Another teacher and I were talking about whether the notebooks would be a possible way to have more computers in the school for a much lower cost. The kids could even do work on google docs as long as we had parent approval. (I guess you have to be 13 to legally be on it.)
10. Favorite fall food I am looking forward to - soup, many kinds.

Later, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment