Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day


Kyle took off for Atlanta yesterday, which is having it's own snow issues, but he usually is the one who clears off the driveway.  I think we got about six inches of snow and he had left the four-wheeler with the blade on and instructions.  So Abby got it going and cleaned snow off the driveway.  I helped out here and there with my shovel, but it is just too much to shovel the whole thing.  Other than having a little trouble getting it out of reverse, it went pretty smoothly. 
My project for this morning was to paint the wall underneath the cupboards in the kitchen.  Since I painted it the same color, it just needed one coat.  I was kind of anticipating the snow so I left this job for today.  It looks a lot better to me, but I suppose most people wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.  I also took the plates off the light switches and painted around them because they get dirty with hand prints. 

I also gathered the receipts for 2010 to put upstairs.  I need one more larger manilla envelope, but I'm not going out today.  Abby took my vehicle to work at Presby. Manor and I don't want to drive her's around.

So for the rest of today, I will read, try to stay warm, and drink my new favorite.  Hot Vanilla Chai tea with a splash of milk.  I had never added milk to tea, but it suggested it on the tea box, so I thought I would give it a try.  Pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment